This is easy: my deepest belief is that God made me, loves me, and has saved me.
When it feels like life has dropped me off a cliff, and I am falling, falling, falling, that’s what I land on.
It might feel like I am falling into an endless abyss, but this belief is at the bottom to catch me; I can’t fall forever.
This prompt made me think about other, smaller things I believe, such as:
- hard work almost always pays off in some way
- people are one of the most important things you can invest in
- consistency is extremely useful (more useful than natural talent, often)
- smiling at people is a great way to spread cheer in the world
- I can do hard things
- I can figure things out
- being ordinary (as most people are!) does not equate to being not-valuable
- what I look like is not very important. Who I am inside and how I treat others is much, much more important. No matter how my looks change as I age, I can still be a blessing to the people around me, and that is way more valuable than smooth skin.
I could make this list very long, but I’ll stop there!