As I was chatting about this with Zoe while I was looking over my list of prompts, I think I figured out a theme with things that drive me crazy: inefficiency/unnecessary slowness.
There is some slowness that I understand; children do a lot of things slowly as they are learning, and that doesn’t drive me crazy.
What bugs me is when it seems obvious that something could be done faster/more efficiently, but it’s d r a g g i n g.
- a class that’s going too slowly
- a meeting that didn’t need to be this long and drawn-out
- when someone verbally goes over information that I could have just read on my own
- a decision that is being analyzed to death
- someone telling me a story with zillions of unnecessary details
- someone telling me the plot of a movie/show with a bunch of details (SUMMARIZE PLEASE)
- a long wait at an office/store due to human slowness
- a book or movie that never really gets going (I’ve seen some indie movies like this and I felt annoyed.)
- a YouTube video where someone talks for a long time before actually getting to the helpful part of the video (repair tutorials are notorious for this!)
The upside of this part of me is that I am pretty speedy and efficient; I can get a lot done in a short period of time.
But the downside is that I can struggle to be cheerful about it when someone else is making something go slowly.