I don’t think I always cope with it well, of course. I’m not sure anyone does! Hard situations tempt most people to worry.
But, on the occasions when I am dealing with it responsibly, here’s what helps me.
- talking to friends and family
- talking to Mr. FG
- reminding myself that God is in control
- reminding myself that God has good plans for me
- listening to/reading things that remind me of the truth
- reminding myself of God’s past faithfulness
- reminding myself that I can only control me
- remembering that when terrible things have happened before, God has sustained me through them. So if a terrible thing does happen, I will be ok.
- trying to be in the moment, not in the future
- doing the next thing; keeping busy instead of wallowing in worry