Sometimes I see prompts and I am like, “Oof. How will I answer that question?”
But I saw today’s and thought, “Ooh! This is easy. I could go lots of different directions with this.”
So, here’s one of those directions.
As long as I walk this planet, one thing I want to do is to bring sunny, cheerful love to the people around me.
Of course, I can do this at home in myriad ways. To name a few:
- listening to problems
- asking about what my family is doing
- greeting my family with a smile and kind words
- cheerfully helping with challenges
- saying thank you
- offering encouragement
But I can also bring a little sunshine to people outside my family by doing things like:
- smiling at people I pass
- complimenting strangers
- greeting my cashier by name
- asking other people about themselves
- checking in on my friends
- expressing gratefulness
- purposely taking the seat next to parents with small children on a plane (because I know the crying is not going to bother me, and that’s a gift to a parent on a plane!)
- leaving comments (not just likes) on other people’s blog/Instagram posts
And if I sat here longer, I could list many more.
Basically, I want everyone I come into contact with to have a teeny improvement in their day because of our interaction.
I know I’m just one person. And I know that doing just one small thing for one other person doesn’t change the whole world.
But it could mean the world to that person. 🙂